Aims of the PTA
- Fundraising to provide extra facilities and equipment for the school
- To provide fun and educational extra-curricular activities for pupils
- To encourage family participation within the school
Questions and Answers
- What happens to any money raised?
Profits are used for specific projects
- Who is in the PTA?
All parents and teachers are automatically members of the PTA.
- Who runs it?
A committee is elected each year at the Annual General Meeting to manage the funds and activities of the PTA.
- How often does the Committee meet?
The Committee meetings are held once a month during term time. All parents/carers and teachers are welcome at any meeting. The AGM is held every September.
- Where does the Committee meet?
The AGM is held at school. Other meetings are generally held in committee member’s houses to keep them informal.
- How much would be expected of me if I were to get involved?
It is entirely up to you: an involvement can range from
- contributing an idea
- helping at an event/activity
- coming along to a meeting
- to being a committee member
- How can I get information on what is going on?
The PTA notice board or email the PTA at firstname.lastname@example.org