Sports Premium Funding – 2016-2017
Intended Sports Premium Funding Academic Year 2016- 2017
£8746 + brought forward of £4578 = £13324
|Middlesbrough football club lesson delivery||£4940||High quality CPD for staff and a range ofPE lessons for children|
|Gold package sports partnerships||£1037||Access to a range of sporting events|
|Transport to fixtures||£500||Access to a range of sporting events|
|Materials||£500||Up to date equipment|
|Improvements to outdoor facilities including brought forward balance||£6250||A greater area for playtime and lunchtime games|
Our Sports Premium
The vast majority of our Sports Premium money is used towards our costs of employing a P.E. specialist, Mr Walton through MFC, to teach a variety of sports and P.E. activities across the school. Staff observe lessons and team teach enabling increased proficiency in the delivery of P.E. across the school. Planning is shared, giving teachers ideas on how to structure and deliver a range of activities. Mr Walton also offers sports clubs and activities before and after the core school day.
In addition we have also bought into the Gold Package from our local School Sports Partnership, this agreement:
- Allows staff to attend CPD.
- Provides specialist training for the P.E. coordinator.
- Provides free coaching for pupils – our Y5 children are playground leaders
- Gives opportunities for children to take part in inter-school/inter-county competitions.
- Enables all staff to access accredited PE and Sports curriculum plans.